BOOKS BY CASS TURNBULL
CASS TURNBULL’S GUIDE TO PRUNING:
WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW TO PRUNE FOR A MORE BEAUTIFUL GARDEN
Stop! Don’t wreck that shrub!
Have you ever seen a tree with a stringy, hairy crop of twigs growing straight up?
Those are watersprouts, and they result from bad pruning! Ever wonder what happened
to that band of dead juniper along the sidewalk? Another case of well-intentioned but
bad pruning. With more than 130 detailed illustrations and clear, step-by-step instructions,
Cass Turnbull’s Guide to Pruning shows you how and when to prune so that your trees, shrubs,
and other plants grow to be healthy and beautiful.
Learn how to restore order to an overgrown yard without committing a crime against
nature. You’ll discover how to fix the most common pruning mistakes involving a wide
variety of plants, including:
- Evergreen and deciduous shrubs
- Roses, forsythias, bamboo, and other cane-type shrubs
- Rhododendrons, witch hazel, camellia, and other tree-like plants
- Hedge plants such as boxwood, laurel, and photinia
- Wisteria, clematis, and other vines
- Trees, from dogwoods to weeping cherries
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO LANDSCAPE DESIGN, RENOVATION AND MAINTENANCE
Edition now available!)
Page after page of priceless pruning help from
founder, Cass Turnbull.
This book is also available in electronic form. Sign up for a
Membership and receive
full access to this essential pruning resource.